Sunday, August 30, 2015

Cusco

I arrive in Cusco at 11,150ft above sea level, I kinda feel okay, not sure what the big brouhaha was all about that I have to take high altitude medicine. For one I prefer not to take medicine and if I can sweat it out I do. Am advised to drink a lot of water, BUT the draw back with that is that at high altitude people tend to pee a lot even without the water and am sure you can see my predicament. So what do I do? buy a large bottle of water and head down town to arrange my trip to Machu Picchu, I get a taxi and head to Centro!, Plaza De Armas...this was easy to find, smaller town and add a taxi to the mix. As we travel to the Plaza, we encounter a traffic jam and the driver decides to take the back way to avoid the travel...the way I looked at it was the he was shaking me down for my change in the pocket, we were not on the road anymore unless this was a very future planned road. My tummy is starting to feel something not sure what. The brain and the month are cracking up at the tummy as if saying "don't blame us". After ten minutos we are back to the present day road and in a shot time am at the travel agent, now calling him a travel agent would be equivalent of calling the a CEO POTUS, and he is next to a McD which is a few steps walk from KFC right across Starbucks and at this point I understand why the French hate the US. I make all the necessary arrangements and start my tour of Cusco, but at this point am starting to queasy, so I stop and drink water, I break in and out and everything seems to be back to normal. I walk some more and the same thing happens and I do the same. I explore the city head to the museum. By now it's night and am not hungry which is also the side effects of the hight altitude medicine which I got but is in a safe place :) in the bag at the hotel. I head to a restaurant to try the guinea pig, I seat down but am still not hungry, and the waiter doesn't even come to the table. So I head "home" and buy a third bottle of water. I take a shower chat a bit and decide to head on to bed since I have to wake up early, mind you it's only 9pm. I review some pics on and lay down. It is at this point the I start feeling the "full effect" of high altitude. I have a breath problem so I breath deeply in out, in out and I feel better. Now the family feud starts, the brain goes " well you are breathing in out when you get that abnormal breathing effect what happens when you are asleep?" The heart interjects "I need a rest" "Hell no!" the mouth retorts "I need water" "The eyes and the legs do get rest" Heart says They, legs and eyes, are out of this feud and at this point, they are resting. The heart is pissed off but keeps working, the eyes are done, but just as eye are about to close someone calls for a bathroom break, "seriously?!!" yells the eyes! "you were just there like 5mins ago?" "And your point?" yells the caller "I got to go unless you want to be embarrassed in the morning." "okay okay go!!" yell the legs pissed. The tummy jumps into the feud..."Am hungry" Between the bathroom break and breathing everyone gets a chance to get pissed and at that point everyone gets a rest all pissed at 6a.m only to get up an hour later.

No comments: