Saturday, August 29, 2015

"Your actions are so loud I can't hear what you are saying"

"Your actions are so loud I can't hear what you are saying" As I head to the Aerupuerto to take my flt to Lima, I head to the centro to San Pedro market where I can get Cusco only coffee, La Cholita. I take the local bus, collectivo, to the market. I get there with no problemo, am an expert now book a trip with me to Machu Picchu. I walk inside the market, Dios Mio!!!...this is where the locals eat! seriously how did I miss this market? 4 course meal made in front of you with fresh produce, peeling the potatoes, chopping the onions and in the middle of all that serving you with soup all for 4 soles...less than $1.50. Now, for those of you who are into hygiene, mind over matter folks...this is not the place for you.The same hands that are handling money and chopping and peeling are the same hands that are sprinkling dressing on to your soup. But boy!! forget those high end restaurants this is where the food tastes great! am not hungry but I have to eat at some point I turn down the addition food am offered, saying in Spanish "the 4 soles includes salad and the main course" I have to leave some room from all natural fruit juice....They must have harvested the fruits in the morning just in time for my juice at 11:30am. The Juice I get, after a long discussion of what is to go in it, is made of bananas,pineapple,papaya, apple and milk sub for orange at my request. And that is a whole blender's worth! "crap!" the tummy says "I have no room for that" So with much trouble am told that a-to-go-cup will be 50cents but it wont pass the Aeropuerto security so I down my agua and use the bottle to store my fresh fruits in liquid semi-form. Time to looking for what I came here for ,Cusco only coffee. With much fun fair being given directions in Spanish in such a big market with no signs, the only sign being Entrada and Salida, enter/exit. It takes me longer to get to the kiosk that is selling "La Cholita", yeah! so I say La Cholita? Si! she proceeds to show me all the coffee and the prices. Then she decide so show me a stronger coffee and an organic coffee. I bust out laughing and saying in english "the whole of Peru is organic" she cracks up loudly too and takes the organic coffee back. she was selling but I wasn't buying. Her kiosk is the center of attention...there is so much fun going on there. Finally I make the purchase and head to the Plaza to meet Jorge, my Mustang instructor, since am low on soles I give him most of my gear and he is very happy, this is no pretend to be happy and I tell him to say hi to capricorn which he does promise and I can tell he will. When I arrived in Cusco and walked around centro I noticed a lot of rainbow flags, at hotels and I thought,this must be the most LGBT friendly city next to Amsterdam. The sq had the rainbow flags and I started noticing some on the buses too. I finally discover that the rainbow flag is the flag of Cusco city! Now I have another ? what is the history of both flags? anyways that was a by the way. I walk to the bus stop to caught the bus to Aeropuerto saying good byes to everyone that I have come to know for they are many, from the ones who offered me city tours, massages, pedicure,manicure even the guy who offered to sell weed to me last night. I guess its the way I declined and chatted with them in baby Spanish that made them remember me or maybe I was the only negro with a yellow bag either way I bust out laughing with each one for one last time. And with that I have an epiphany "your actions are so loud I can't hear what you are saying" Adios Cusco. Am on FLT 2036 Cusco-Lima

No comments: