Friday, August 28, 2015

Victory Is Mine, Day Two.

Victory Is Mine, Day Two. p.s....no editor and hanging out with my friend my Gin. I get up early having done my homework from the previous' day disaster. I have regrouped my troops we lost the battle but the war is still on. I order breakfast at 7am in the hopes of swallowing it down in 5.....yeah minutes. But as I sit at the table with my new found friend Yu, Japanese, and we start shooting breeze....tit tot tit tot the clock seems to be saying something which my grown up part of the brain seems to be ignoring say "when are you gonna have another chance to chat with Yu" Buy my childish brain is like "dude we have to go out and play"...trying to be nice and not offend any one, I hear the horn and it's a taxi for Yu who happens to be heading to the airport for a flight to Quito so that he can head to Galapagos island. Kool! I shout....but it stands for a few things at the same time. One my brain can stop fighting, great place to go and great the taxi is here so Yu is not late. I head to the bus stop with the following information, take the bus that say Callao-Ate on Peru Ave and alight at Tujillo and just cross the bridge and you are there! easy sounds like taking a candy from a babies mouth after it has fallen asleep. I wait at the bus stop for 15 mins circling the plan in my mind (not the brian) mind is for memory and brain is for decision making, think of it as a war room. I wave one bus that has the signs "Callao - ATE" but in a hurry I ignored what the conductor was shouting till we are rolling past the 3rd bus stop and he is shouting Bolivar Bolivar and something else...now mind you I recall that Bolivar is a road that intersects Brasilia. I wipe out my iPhone and investigated this new curve ball that is coming at me at 90 mph. Butterflies are in my stomach- which by the way is still not happy with the brain in regard to the fried rice fiasco. Then I remembered " if you butterflies in your stomach, since you already have them, make them fly in formation" which I do. Stick with this one brother you will be alright I hear mr smart pants tell my brain. The only problem was this was the equivalent of trying to go to the moon with a stop over on mars...on way to the moon. we were on Peru Ave and at some point we took a right turn and headed south. I look at my map and figure we are heading south crap! this is not turning out good, the only advantage I have at this point is that I left early. After so many twists and turns I get my iPhone and map where I am and Lo and Behold! am 2 miles away from my ultimate price "CENTRO" this one is not getting away again. It's almost 9:45 and for 2 miles I will walk to it!. At the next stop I get out as if am getting off a plane confident am at the right airport thanks to my intelligence that got me to that airport. So I start walking towards centro, the avenue am walking is almost in industrial area (254...think of river road) think of it this way, take Home Depot and split it into all the different departments, lumber, lighting,painting,electric, hardware..etc... and then make them the size of an ATT phone shop, put them next to each other and multiple that by a 1000. Do the same for Walmart,Target, Kroger and Publix and now you might get a good pic of the street. As I walk the brain tries to make peach with the stomach, they settle for Churros aka mandazi, Johnny cake, or street donut. The old lady selling them I ask how much? she say "uno soles", I don't hear well since am half a mile to my destination and can't wait to get there. she yell at me as if she is chasing me away saying "you either buy it or keep walking" I bust out laughing and she does too,what customer service i think, I pay and head on to my destination. Having discovered another loop hole in my quest learning Spanish I learnt to ask in Spanish how much...but didn't learn numbers in Spanish, so the they will understand give me the answer but I won't understand. At this point my brain, mouth and brain are in a constant family feud, the mouth can't speak Spanish and it's relaying on the brain to process the picture on the menu and the stomach just want the two to stop argue and put something in to be full. The bum is trying to stay of out of the whole thing since what goes in hot comes out hot if not hotter. And to that end the brain ordered tiger's milk or panthers milk,the best way is describe it is milk with hot sauce. And so after walking the half a mile I see the glorious centro in its all it's majestic view. Building from the 1500s still standing looking as if nothing has changed after being built yesteryear. I wipe out my camera and start clicking. At the end of the day I reverse the direction I had, cross over the bridge and look for the minibuses that say Callao-Ate heading in the opposite direction, I want keep in mind that in Mexico that is not always the case, so am careful here. In Mexico the buses go up one way and get this, they come back the same way....even on a one way road! when in Mexico look both ways even if it's a one way. so I get on the minibus with a sign board saying Peru Av and am heading on the final lap! Just short of Callao they say this is the end of the line! Oh s#$t! I wipe my trusted iphone at 35% battery power and decreasing, I look and see a plane flying low taking off the airport and since am staying close to the airport I figure am close to my temporal crib and I finally I meander my way to the crib and call it a day and wind my "clock" to five o'clock.

No comments: